Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's the Thought That Counts...

Today I received a Christmas gift from my maternal Grandmother. My grandmother died in August. More than four months ago, when she was well into the last stages of her illness, she was thinking about her family and what to do for them for Christmas.

Her gift to me today wasn't the gift she gave me. The real gift was her act of giving; giving all the way until the end.

It truly is the thought that counts.

I can only hope to be a good a person as she was.

I miss you Grandma Jean. I miss you and thank you.

1 comment:

noradawn said...

My aunt was killed 4 years ago on December 7th. She was in her early 50's, and in excellent physical health. It was meaningful when I received a gift from her that Christmas. She had already done a little shopping and wrapping. I think I still have the tag she wrote on- the last time she ever wrote my name.