Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Re: Roadrunner

Over the last several years I have neglected flickr (which somewhat saddens me, as it was the first social network I used and I learned so much about photography thanks to flickr). Even more neglected was my flickr mail. Today for whatever reason, a notification about a flickr message did not get dumped into it's usual folder and made it's way to my inbox.

It was a message from an individual regarding the photo shown below.

Finally I Got One!

The individual is a "Norwegian Non-fiction author, I write and illustrate books about animals for kids." 

They had made a book about bird facts and folktales from around the world and used my photograph as reference for one of the illustrations (below):


A nice little gem for my day.

I started to look through the remaining unread messages from flickr and realized I have several more messages from other creators asking if they may use photos on different artistic mediums of their own creation. I have sent a few replies, I don't expect responses given some of the messages are older than 6 months... but maybe... it was rewarding to discover several of my photos had engendered inspiration in others.  

No comments: